Selling your product

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2011 at 4:38 PM

So, you've uploaded a project with no source code onto CodePlex, an open source community, that requires purchasing.

How is this not against the Terms of Use?

The Services may contain email services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a "Communication Service" and collectively "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services, you will not:

Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allows such messages.

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:30 AM

IMO. Submit the source code or remove the product

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2011 at 11:49 AM

yeah, submit the source code or remove the project from codeplex.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Source code is now available on download page, in case anyone is still talking about that. 

Is this project dead?  No other posts in a year.  It actually is working but I need to get it to rebind to the source list when it changes.  I guess I have some work to do, event receiver, update panel...